Bank of Utica (ticker symbols BKUT and BKUTK) is a perpetually cheap (relative to book value) bank that we have covered for a long time.
If you are not a Newsletter reader, you can check out a sample that mentioned BKUT a couple of years ago. We also posted about the 2019 annual results, and investors' reactions, back in February 2020.
You can view the financials directly on CompleteBankData.
Small banks are very interesting - here are some recent Oddball posts on banks:
- Small Banks Hold Better Credits Than Regional Banks, And They're Cheaper
- MVB Financial Corp. ($MVBF) Commences Modified Dutch Auction Tender Offer to Repurchase up to $45.0 Million of its Common Stock
- "NorthEast Community Bancorp, Inc. Announces Adoption of Plan of Conversion and Reorganization" $NECB
- "First Bank of Alabama completes initial steps toward acquisition of SouthFirst" $SZBI
- Small Bank News Roundup $PVBC $KRNY $BFFI $EBC
- Interview with Abbott Cooper of Driver Management on Activist Investing in the Banking Sector
- Followup on Our Small Bank Posts
- Small Bank Share Cannibals
- Small Bank Interview with Sam Haskell of Colarion Partners
- Big Share Repurchase at Crazy Woman Creek Bancorp, Inc.
- Guest Post: Northeast Bank ($NBN) by Dave Anderson
And here is Utica's most recent annual report: